November is the “Files/Finances” month in my Happiness Project. In 2013, 2014, and 2015, I’ve spent a LOT of time organizing my paper files, my computer files, my iTunes, my email, and more. We’ve written a will. I created health histories for me and the girls. I created academic files for the girls. We’ve gathered serial numbers into a document. I backup my computers monthly. I still have a ways to go with creating a budget, an emergency preparedness plan, and some other things.
I now have a yearly schedule to help me stay on track with the files and finances.
- Jan: Update budget
- Feb: Update serial numbers/passports/credit cards
- Mar: Organize computer files, backups, raw photo files (yikes)
- Apr: Organize e-mail (get to 1550)
- May: Organize iTunes
- Jun: Update academic achievements / print report cards / notes
- Jul: Organize paper files/binders
- Aug: Update medical records
- Sep: Update will
- Oct: Update emergency preparedness/house document
- Nov: Update bills and accounts- monthly bills, passwords