Earlier this week, I turned 43. Another year has gone by. Like last year, I feel as though I didn’t move ahead enough on my goals.
However, I have moved ahead … What I have managed to accomplish in the past few months makes me proud of myself. I have a ways to go, for sure, but I have made major inroads towards my life goals. I am now a Red Cross volunteer after two decades of wanting to be one. I have now been to the doctor and had a mammogram – after years of having put it off. My to do lists are not so overwhelming that I want to cry. Things at home are more organized than ever (though I still have lots of plans to make it even better). I’m volunteering more and more around Decatur. I’m making time to get together with friends. I’m planning camping trips; I’m walking 10K steps most every day.
- Get in more walking; I really want to walk Hadrian’s Wall soon! Maybe in Summer 2015? This includes getting some well-fitting shoes that don’t make my toes hurt after a mile. And losing weight.
- Improving my photography skills. I’d like to find some classes that fit my schedule and needs.
- Fitting in more travel. Even if I have to do it on my own or stay much more local than in the past.
- Dressing better. I’m hoping that as I lose weight, I will enjoy clothes more. Right now, I am often dressed comfy, yes, but not very nice. I’ve improved my wardrobe slightly since last year, but I still have a long way to go.
- To work on making our home even more inviting to me and to others and then to invite people over more often. This is a bit built into my Happiness Project goals already, but is something I want to be sure to focus on.
While I took on a bit more than I could handle back in August, having tried to tackle everything that I haven’t done for fifteen years, I am now in a position to really concentrate on all of my various projects that are aimed at helping me be the best me that I can be.